Saturday, August 9, 2008

Caffeine For The Tech Moron

Yes, I am a self proclaimed Tech Moron. And I firmly believe that one day the machines will rise against the human race, reducing us to nothing but a snivelling bunch of fearful slaves. Blame it on what you will - An overdose of morbid Sci-fi or on James Cameron & Arnold Schwarzenegger of Terminator fame.... But, this remains one of my unshakable theories about life which, so far, no-one has managed to budge me from....
But there are occasions when I am forced to hunker down to pay my obeisances to Technology. Like when I discovered the joys of the Internet....Apart from helping me track down and connect with faces from my past and my loved ones, the Internet also shrank my world in a way I never thought possible.
All at once, I could write to my heart's content & share it with the world....Hunt for recipes....Track down terrific reading material...Research anything under the sun....But, the reason I am truly appreciative of the Internet is because it has also brought into my life, some wonderful cyber siblings of all ages, sizes and shapes....
OK, so I am on a uncharacteristic nostalgia trip. ...
But hey, its 2 a.m and I have just received a great huge slice of rich, gooey chocolate fudge from one of my cyber sisters...So, sue me for gloating !!!








...* Big Big Toothy Grin*.....
This is Jeethu's creative instincts at work....And as a pick me up, it beats Black Coffee in an I.V.... anyday, anytime !!! .... Now tell me if you can, in all honesty, ask me to can my smile??? You can't...can you???

On a more sober note, I just realised that it is not very often that I acknowledge and thank the wonderful people who encourage me to keep writing..The confidence that some of you have in me, scares the living daylights out of me!!!
So here's to all you wonderfully warm 'Coffee Shots' who make the sun shine all the more brighter on me......My little virtual artist Jeethu & my dear friend Vicky who periodically seek [and almost always fail] to transform me into a tech savvy writer........My dear friends Prasanna, Ajju, Vids, Anu (N P), Shail, Roopa, KKay, Vidu......My mentors Toby, Sunder & Udayan....And, all the wonderful people who keep coming back to visit the Moggies...

Thank you for the hand-holding you do. And God Bless.



P.S: Just in case you do not find your name in the list, please do not assume that I am unappreciative of your support and affection......Unfortunately, I am not getting any younger and as much as I hate to admit it, age is most definitely taking its toll on my poor grey cells.....



NOTE: All images in this post are the exclusive property of Jeethu and cannot be reproduced without the express prior written permission of the artist!!



3 comments:

Jeethu said...

CHECHI.. am gonna KILL you for posting those graffitizz..but on a deeper note.. Forget it.. maybe ltr..lolz..:D As they often say "A Picture Paints a Thousand Words"..nways, I really hope u convince urself nd start writing an EPIC Fantasy Novel..lolz.. coz Come Hell Or High Water u r destined to be a great Writer !! :)

P.S: It just took me less than 2 minutes for the whole thingy *wink* *ROFL*

Gingerbread & Me said...

LOLS, Thanks for the Vote of Confidence Jeethuzzz.....I posted ur graffitti becos I thought they were fabulous...And I assumed you slaved over them...Trust you to shatter my illusions!!!
:P :P

Anonymous said...

Gee Rekha, how sweet of you! God bless and keep writing!!